Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Heroes Award - 2021 Airport Concessions Awards
Entries can be submitted for the following two employee awards:
- Heroes Award – Airport
- Heroes Award – Concessionaire/Service Provider
The Heroes Award category will recognize an employee who has gone “above and beyond”, making a positive impact on their peers, customers, or airport community. Submissions could include a frontline or operations employee who may interact with passengers or other stakeholders each day. Note: The nomination form for the Heroes Awards is separate from the overall concessions category entry form.
The nominee must be employed by an ACI-NA member Airport or World Business Partner/Associate Member. The recommendation letter must be signed by the Airport/Company Chief Executive Officer/ Official Representative.
The letter must consist of no more than two pages (single-spaced) and should be submitted online explaining why the employee deserves the recognition. Using no more than two pages, describe why the nominee merits being selected for this award, including, but not limited to, the following:
Excellence in Performance (10 points)
- What new tasks/assignments were taken on willingly?
- How was a commitment to customer service/satisfaction shown?
- Examples of the ability to maintain a positive attitude even while dealing with adversity
Team Qualities (10 points)
- Examples of how the individual is seen as a mentor to co-workers
- Examples of how the individual embodies the organization ethos
- How does the individual builds and foster strong relationships with a high level of credibility?
The recommendation letter and photos/videos must be submitted in the allotted space within the entry form.
Submissions must be received by close of business Eastern Time on Friday, July 9, 2021. By submitting materials to the contest, the airport/company agrees that all entries become ACI-NA property for promotional and display purposes.