Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Leon C. Watkins “Guardian Award” for Excellence In Business Diversity
This award recognizes a member airport or WBP/Associate Business Diversity Leader who with their voice and visibility, advocacy and cooperation has promoted the growth and evolution of minority- and woman-owned businesses and suppliers, while fostering the advancement of civil rights and equal opportunities for all within an airport business environment.
Nominee must be employed by an ACI-NA member Airport or World Business Partner/Associate Member. Nominee must also have at least five years of business diversity and inclusion experience, of which at least three of those years shall be in an airport environment.
The nominee should have demonstrated leadership and a sustained commitment to the values of diversity and inclusion within their organization and the aviation industry by documented efforts that are above and beyond the routine expectations of a project or their position.
Using no more than 500 words, describe why the nominee merits being selected for this award including, but not limited to, the following:
- Champions initiatives within their organization and the aviation industry to promote increased awareness and understanding of the benefits of business diversity and inclusion;
- Has successfully created/implemented training programs and campaigns resulting in access to contracting opportunities for minority- and woman-owned businesses and suppliers;
- Inspires and engages internal and external partners to promote diversity and inclusion;
- Implements steps that foster diversity in the workplace with programs that maximize the potential of all people;
- Creates partnerships between their organization and minority- and woman-owned businesses, suppliers and organizations in their community to promote inclusion and workforce diversity;
- Promotes a culture of accountability that aligns with federal and corporate objectives for maximizing opportunities for small and diverse companies and/or workforce; and/or
- Seeks new challenges and challenges others to continually work toward making a difference in the aviation industry.
Nominations must be submitted by Wednesday, May 5, 2021. Online submissions will close at 11:59 PM ET.
For further questions or concerns, please contact Debby McElroy.