Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Risk Management Professional of the Year Award
The ACI-NA Risk Management Professional of the Year Award was created in 2019 to recognize outstanding performance in the practice of risk management within the North American airport industry.
Anyone involved in risk management for a small, medium or large airport in U.S.A. or Canada (according to the enplanements below for 2018) can be nominated. The person need not practice risk management full time, but the candidate must be a full-time employee of the airport for which he or she practices risk management. The candidate may be nominated by anyone familiar with his or her work, such as a superior, the risk management staff, a colleague with at another airport, a broker, insurer or other service supplier. There is a 5-year grace period before an individual awarded the Risk Management Professional of the Year can be considered for the award.
One award recipient will be selected from each of the following categories:
- Large Airport (minimum of 8 million annual enplanements)
- Medium Airport (minimum of 2.05 million and less than 8 million annual enplanements)
- Small Airport (less than 2.05 million annual enplanements)
Candidates selected for the nomination process will be asked to provide more detailed information regarding their nomination as well as a letter of endorsement of the candidate by an executive of his or her airport or organization. The letter must certify the accuracy of the information submitted in the nomination.
Judges will score the candidates 1 – 10 on the criteria below with 1 being low and 10 being high. The candidate with the highest score will be named Risk Management Professional of the Year (small, medium or large hub).
- Criterion 1: Established and/or implemented risk management strategies that are based on the airport’s business model.
- Criterion 2: Tackled and solved one or more major problem(s) for his or her airport, e.g., creatively and effectively used risk financing/insurance or risk transfer program to solve a specific issue, led a major risk management training initiative that improved performance, collaborated with another function to address an emerging risk, etc.
- Criterion 3: Innovatively engaged in applying diverse strategies and techniques in developing integrated organizational risk management competencies, such as enterprise risk management, strategic risk management, business continuity management, safety and health management, information and privacy management, compliance management, claims management, etc.
- Criterion 4: Advanced the risk management profession (as well as his or her career) through engagement, e.g., risk management related awards, certifications/designations, mentoring, public speaking, advocacy, research, guest lecturing, publications, etc.
Judges are given submissions as-is and the identical category criteria that airport participants are given to score each entry.
The panel of judges will be facilitated by ACI-NA and consist of previous ACI-NA Risk Management Committee Chairs and distinguished experts with background and/or responsibility in the aviation/risk management industry.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE AND GUIDELINES
There are two steps that should be completed no later than Friday, Nov. 8, 2019, 5:00 PM Eastern Time for the ACI-NA Risk Management Professional of the Year Award nomination to be considered complete.
- Complete this nomination form to submit key details: http://aci-na.2019-Risk-Management-Professional-of-the-Year-Nomination.sgizmo.com/s3/
- The nominee should email the following to Risk Management Committee Secretary Ashley Sng (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Supporting documents with detailed information regarding the nomination, no longer than 10 pages of 8x11 paper, in Microsoft® Word DOC format or PDF file,
- A letter of endorsement of the candidate by an executive of the nominee's airport to certify the accuracy of the information submitted.
Judges are given submissions as-is to evaluate and determine the award recipient in each category. All nominees are encouraged to attend the 2020 Risk Management Conference in Miami, FL, where the ACI-NA Risk Management Professional of the Year will be announced and awarded to each recipient.
If you have any questions, please contact Risk Management Committee Secretary Ashley Sng at email@example.com.